Walks from Bentham Station
Bentham is an excellent walking centre in the beautiful rolling countryside between the western Yorkshire Dales and the Forest of Bowland. This selection of walks is an introduction to this delightful area. A more comprehensive guide, 'Walks Around Bentham" is available at the Station Information Office, Tourist Information Office in the Town Hall and the Post Office on Main Street.
By clicking on the map on the map for each individual walk you will reach a printable pdf file with the map and a description of the walking route. Those of you with smart phones and tablets can also scan the appropriate QR (quick response) code on the signposts on the station platforms and the Bentham Heritage Trails Panel on the westbound platform to download the details for your chosen walk(s). Look out for the signs like the one below.
Please Observe the Country Code
- Take responsibility for your own actions, respect the interests of other people care for the environment.
- Leave livestock, crops and machinery alone.
- Use gates and styles to cross walls and fences.
- Keep to public paths across farmland.
- Protect trees, plants and wildlife.
- Keep your dog under close control.
- Come prepared for extremes of weather.
- Take care on country roads.